You will find 10 thousands of plugins available to WordPress users. So many that it is hard to know which ones make a difference, and that is overhyped. Lots offer helpful niche solutions, but few are must have WordPress plugins for all sites.
No matter what kind of site you’re running, or what niche it belongs to, there are certain plugins that you’ll want to install. And those are the tools we’re going to discuss today.
In this blog, we will introduce you to nine must-have WordPress plugins and explain what makes each one stand out. Better yet, we're going to provide actual data to justify why we think each plugin is vital.
Let’s get right to it!
1. Yoast SEO
Author(s): Team Yoast
Current Version: 16.1.1
Last Updated: April 6, 2021
Yoast SEO is the most popular SEO plugin in WordPress, and it's easy to see why it's 1 of our must-have WordPress plugins.
It not only help you to improve your search engine optimization, but it can also even examine your content's readability.
About 80% of users only scan through your articles and pages. Hence the more accessible your backup is, the greater your chance of retaining their focus.
So far as SEO is concerned, there are plenty of strategies to drive traffic to your website. However, no plugins offer as much potential as search engines.
Every day, Google alone manages over nine billion searches. It is not an exaggeration to say that organic traffic may make or break a website, and you can't purchase your way to the top in most cases.
To drive home that point, only 5% of search engine traffic leads users to paid outcomes. That's why working on your keyword plan is critical for every site.
- Optimize your WordPress pages and posts using keywords and meta descriptions.
- Notice how well your content is currently optimized, and create improvements easily.
- Improve your content readability with simple hints.
The lite version of Yoast SEO is 100% free, and there’s a premium version with more features.
Author(s): UpdraftPlus.Com, DavidAnderson
Current Version: 1.16.53
Last Updated: April 5, 2021
Moreover, portions of your WordPress site can occasionally stop working due to simple mistakes.
By way of example, if most men and women use ten or fewer plugins on their sites and half of those receive monthly updates, it is clear that the risk of running into compatibility errors is common.
A recent backup can save you a ton of headaches if you have been assaulted, experience a compatibility problem, or want to migrate your website.
This is where our second must-have WordPress plugin comes into play. There are loads of WordPress backup plugins accessible on the internet, but a number of these are as solid and simple to use as UpdraftPlus.
It integrates with numerous cloud storage choices to safeguard your copies. And you can even automate your backups using a recurring program.
- Create automatic or manual backups of your site.
- Store your copies locally or on the cloud.
- Restore your site to a former state.
There is a free and premium versions of UpdraftPlus available.
Current Version: 3.0.1
Last Updated: March 16, 2021
Images take up more than 50 percent of their average webpage size. That means optimizing your pictures can make a massive difference to your site's page load times.
Why is that significant? Since if your website takes over three seconds to load, over half your visitors will leave it.
In case that isn't worrying enough, 80% of online shoppers may not go back to your site if they locate its performance lackluster.
While images aren't the sole thing that affects website performance, optimizing your WordPress pictures is a crucial component of improving your page loading times.
Optimole takes every picture you upload to WordPress and optimizes it to take up less space. Along with that, it utilizes a cloud-based system to accelerate your site.
Optimole auto-detects the screen dimensions and resizes images to supply a speedy loading, responsive experience to your users.
- Automatically compress your pictures.
- Optimize your JPEG and PNG pictures.
- Volume Boost any old images that you have
- Resize any photos you upload to your website.
- Supports both Retina and WebP pictures.
- It uses global CDN.
- Compatible with most popular page builders like Elementor.
This plugin is free for as many as 5,000 visits per month. You can opt for the premium of $22.52 / month billed annually.
4. Revive Old Post
Current Version: 8.6.7
Last Updated: February 1, 2021
Social media is the origin of over 30 percent of referral traffic to most websites.The way people come to a website?
|How people come to your website?||% of people who come to your website|
(Charts by Visualizer Lite.)
This usually means you're losing out on a massive number of potential visitors if you don't remain active on social media.
To give you an idea, around 2 billion consumers log in to Facebook and Twitter respectively each month.
If every article on those networks may boost your chances of reaching a sliver of these users, it means that the plugin we would like to point out to you is definitely worth your time.
Another among the must-have WordPress plugins on our listing is Revive Old Post. It's designed to help drive more visitors to your site via social media.
The plugin takes your website's new and old books and mechanically shares them with Twitter and Facebook to achieve this.
- Share your new and old articles on Twitter and Facebook automatically.
- Establish a schedule for your own social media publications.
- Contain hashtags and links back to your site.
There is a free and premium versions available.
5. WP Rocket
It does so by creating cached copies of every dynamically generated page on your website, which means that your servers need to do much less work.
We've already talked about why quick page loading times are critical, and caching options can be an even more effective solution than picture optimization.
WP Rocket does even better — in caching plugin tests, it diminished page load times by a whopping 63 percent.
It might not be accessible. However, the results are far more than worth it, mainly if conversions are on the line.
- Cache your website’s dynamically generated pages.
- Improve user-end browser caching.
- Enable lazy loading for faster loading times.
- Integrate your caching solution with a Content Delivery Network (CDN).
WP Rocket is a premium tool which starts at $49 for a single site per year license.
Current Version: 3.1.4
Last Updated: March 10, 2021
With more than 5,000,000 active installs, Elementor is one of the coolest developments on our must have WordPress plugins list.
It's a visual page builder that gives you the ability to craft original layouts for your pages that are somewhat independent of your existing theme.
This means that you don't need to be a web development specialist to include those cool effects like desktop overlays, hover effects, animations, and more.
It can be accomplished using a very simple drag-and-drop. It's compatible with the Gutenberg editor and other WordPress plugins on this listing.
Elementor is beneficial for creating a beautiful landing page for their enterprise.
It is also a fantastic option for those who would like a customized design for parts of the site but do not have deep pockets to hire a developer to perform the job.
- Select from 150+ beautifully constructed templates from the Elementor library.
- Produce a value proposition using a simple drag and drop.
- Construct entirely original designs for your website.
The primary Elementor plugin can be obtained at no cost from the WordPress directory. If you want more features, unlocking the premium variant has its price tag:
- Personal – $49 per year for one site
- Plus – $99 per year for three sites
- Expert – $199 per year for 1,000 sites
Current Version: 1.6.6
Last Updated: April 1, 2021
WPForms is a fantastic WordPress plugin for constructing exquisite forms (contact forms and others).
This plugin provides a perfect blend of useful features and ease of usage. It's highly user-friendly and portable responsive.
WPForms provides you a customizable, modern contact type that enhances interaction and generates better conversions, gets more survey results, and even more.
- Create an attractive contact form for free.
- Save your time together with pre-built templates.
WPForms Lite is available for free to use and works well for sites that you want to use on your contact page.
WPForms Pro will unlock additional features and integrations. You'll have access to lots of form templates for $39.50 each year.
Current Version: 1.6.4
Last Updated: April 12, 2021
Otter is another lightweight WordPress plugin for adding proper additional functionality to Gutenberg. It's a library featuring Gutenberg templates and extra cubes.
While Gutenberg is a beautiful replacement for the WordPress classic editor, there's still a very long way down the street for Gutenberg to provide premium class functionality.
But, you can install Otter for extra Gutenberg cubes and create intuitive pages onto it.
- Add Google Maps and advanced heading block.
- Make an attractive contact form at no cost.
- 13+ Gutenberg blocks for unique pages.
Otter is a free and most popular WordPress plugin.
Author(s): John Godley
Current Version: 5.1.1
Last Updated: April 11, 2021
Since we're referring to must-have WordPress plugins, we can't possibly miss out on Redirection. It's a redirect supervisor for WordPress.
Redirection that sets up custom 301 redirects within your site and then keeps a complete record of information on clicks. You may also use it to track broken URLs on your site.
We all know just how much Google (and other search engines) hates terrible user experience. A 404 or busted page results in the same.
But, you cannot check every post or page on your site by hand, especially if you have hundreds of articles.
Simply installing the Redirection plugin will show you a list of web pages that are 404s, and all you want to do is enter the URL where you want the plugin to divert the visitor.
- Track all of the 4xx error pages.
- Set up page-level Redirection easily.
Redirection is available with out any cost.
Enjoy these must-have WordPress plugins
Regardless of which kind of website you're running, particular plugins are always worth installing.
So Far as must-have plugins go, these nine are our best picks based on the information:
- Yoast SEO: you're able to boost your organic traffic using simple search engine optimization techniques.
- UpdraftPlus: Backups are critical for any site, and this plugin makes them simple.
- Optimole: Picture optimization can help you create your site load quicker.
- Revive Old Post: This plugin can help to drive traffic to your website using social websites.
- WP Rocket: It is a robust caching solution that will speed up your website.
- Elementor: Best page builder to craft custom pages using original designs.
- WPForms: It uses to create beautiful contact forms with easy drag and drop.
- Otter: Gutenberg's performance can be exceptionally enhanced using this plugin.
- Redirection: Set up custom 301 redirections using a couple of clicks.
o you have experience with at least one of these must-have WordPress plugins? Please share your ideas with us in the comments section below!